The braking system is one of the most important features of your Acura. There are numerous parts at work within this system that should be checked on a routine basis to ensure they aren't too worn out or in need of replacement. Brake pads are the part of the system that fit between rotors and create the friction needed to help slow down the wheels. Tiny bits of wear and tear occur to the brake pads every single time you come to a stop, meaning the padding they have will wear down over time. The friction generated from the braking process causes the protective coating to wear away from the pads. Some of the signs the brake pads need to be replaced include:
- Whining, squealing, or screeching noises are never a good sign when you engage your brakes. Your brake pads actually are designed to do this to help signal to you that it's time to get them looked at and potentially replaced.
- If your brake pads are worn down to less than _ of an inch thick, the brake pads should at the very least be inspected as this is often too thin for them to operate properly.
As with any brake parts, when you need to change your brake pads, you should be shopping for OEM parts. OEM Acura brake pads are going to be designed to fit your make and model without any issue. Get the right set of brake pads here at Curry Acura Parts.
No results found for "brake pad, pad set". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!